Re: X-ray Power Supplies / bad oil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 00:30:44 -0400
From: humanb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: X-ray Power Supplies / bad oil (fwd)

Hi Carl, I would use Shell Diala AX oil. It is a nice
anhydrous oil manufactured for just your use:
http://www.shell-lubricants.com/Electrical/distribution.html
I think it still retails for around $20-30 for a 5 Gal.
bucket.

If I remember correctly, you are a chemist, no? So, if you
do come up with a simple PCB test please share it. Years
ago I worked for the DOE and I remember we had some PCB
(or were they Dioxin?) test kits, they contained a caustic
like Sodium Hydroxide, I think.

David Trimmell