Re: Close lightning strike and strange tick (fwd)

Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 09:56:53 +0100
From: Mike Harrison <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Close lightning strike and strange tick (fwd)

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 15:11:28 -0600 (MDT), you wrote:

>Original poster: Steven Roys <sroys@xxxxxxxxxx>

You don't say what else was in your vicinity at the time - my guess would be that the strike induced
a high voltage inside some metal object nearby, which sparked over, and you heard this spark.

I also wonder if a very strong EM discharge could induce some false sound directly into the nerves
of the ear?