Re: Close lightning strike and strange tick (fwd)

Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 13:30:43 -0600 (MDT)
From: Chip Atkinson <chip@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Close lightning strike and strange tick (fwd)

No, the sound was definitely not a sharp crack like a spark or anything.
It was more porcelain or plasticky sounding.  Plus since it coincided as
closely as I could tell with the flash but the flash and boom were
separated by a noticeable difference in time I think the click sound was
"right there", be it in my head or the surrounding environment.

There wasn't any metal other than two residential size mail boxes within
around 10' and I was just in a residential neighborhood.

I've heard about meteors making sounds in the grass as the long-wave rf(?)
rustles it too.

I think I'll buy the microwave auditory phenomenon first since the sound
seemed to not come from a specific direction either.

Chip