Re: Close lightning strike and strange tick (fwd)

Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 22:26:03 -0300
From: Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Close lightning strike and strange tick (fwd)

High Voltage list wrote:
> Original poster: Steven Roys <sroys@xxxxxxxxxx>

I have too heard this characteristic "click" sound (or "pseudosound")
several times when lightning strikes
occur nearby, what is quite common where I live. I just wonder if the
sound is real or just an impression
caused, trough some neurological illusion, by the intense sound of the
thunder a fraction of second later.
There is, however, good reasons to believe that it's the electromagnetic
pulse that causes the "click".

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz