Re: Close lightning strike and strange tick (fwd)

Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 07:44:35 -0500
From: B2 <bensonbd@xxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Close lightning strike and strange tick (fwd)

Greetings,
     Several years ago I witnessed a lightning strike 100 feet away through
the back window of a 1973 Nova.  I was looking upward toward the east
anticipating the next bolt of lightning.  It connected with the wavetops
near the beach (Chesapeake Bay near Point Lookout) six times.  It took over
a minute for all six pulses.  There was plenty of time to look around at the
main bolt (greasy yellow and white).  I only heard the click once just
before the first pulse.  A streamer coming off the top of a nearby telephone
pole also caught my eye.

B2