Re: Close lightning strike and strange tick (fwd)

Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 19:04:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Close lightning strike and strange tick (fwd)

I nearly got hit by lightning once about 15 years ago.   I was working on my car under the shade of a tree and it started to sprinkle....I happened to be standing on a sheet of cardboard I'd laid down to keep grease and oil from ruining my grass.   I was putting my tools away when the lighting hit my car...about five feet away.   I heard no clicks or anything prior to crapping my pants (kidding),  but there was certainly a good shockwave because it stunned a bird in the tree above me.
  Mike