Lasing Material (fwd)

Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:58:48 +1200
From: m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Lasing Material

Hi Peoples,
                   Although this isn't strictly a high voltage topic the driving system I
wish to use for a pulsed laser may loosely be described as such. I would be
grateful to all who could give me some pointers as to where to obtain lasing media
in the form of rods be it "ruby", dimer or whatever. I am obtaining some powerful
xenon flashlamps as pumping devices. I wish to explore the feasibility of what I
think might be a novel configuration of coupling the source to the media. I would
also be interested in knowing whether and where one might obtain a sheet of
material capable of filtering out infrared radiation but passing visible light (and
above perhaps) - essentially a high-pass optical filter. A high refractive index
would be a bonus.

Regards,
Malcolm