Re: Short video clip of 18" x18" Lichtenberg Figure being discharged (fwd)

Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 09:12:39 -0600
From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Short video clip of 18" x18" Lichtenberg Figure being discharged
    (fwd)

Dave,

Sounds interesting - please contact me off list to familiarize me with
the mechanics/details of X-ray film cassettes (physical size, how to
load and where to get them developed, etc...).

I assume the exposed side of the container uses a relatively thin
plastic material? If we interposed a thin grounded metal foil or screen
between the specimen and the cassette, we should be able to suppress any
HV transients and prevent Kirlian discharges to the film without too
much blocking of lower energy X-rays.

It certainly sounds like something to try during a future production run!

Bert