Re: Equipping a HV lab (fwd)

Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 15:29:25 -0800
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Equipping a HV lab (fwd)

At 01:12 PM 3/3/2007, you wrote:
>Original poster: Steven Roys <sroys@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
>Hi Jim,
>
>Sounds like a fun project if price is no object... :^)

Well not totally no object, but we do have a substantial budget.

>One interesting toy would be a corona camera:
>http://www.specialcamera.com/uvcam/cameras.html
>http://www.corona-technology-course.com/

I think we've got one.  We already do a lot of high power RF
breakdown testing, doing things like running an antenna in one of the
largest bell jars in the world in an anechoic chamber, with the bell
jar filled full of Mars gas. I know that we had talked about using a
UV camera for this kind of testing.

I will check, though, good idea.