[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Help w/ Chokes

>         I am wondering how you arrived at the current capabilities of your
> transformers.  The reason is that electrostatic copiers require high voltage
> , but only for the production of corona.  The current requirements are so
> low that a more normal rating would be 4 Milliamps.  I have 4 or 5 of these,
> and none of them can provide enough current to adequately energize a
> discharge tube (used to display the Crookes dark space, rough test for vacuum
> , etc.).  These tubes only require about 10 milliamps.  Do you have a spec
> plate on the transformer?  Please don't be insulted, I just would hate to
> have you waste time building something with inadequate transformers!  It
> is entirely possible that your copiers are something industrial that I am not
> familiar with, but even the office sized copiers do not have high power
> transformers.
>
> Hoping for a legible specifications plate,
>
> Jack

Jack,

Yes, the ratings are correct. A previous version of my current coil pumped out hot six footers
with two 5kV-at-.3A transformers of this type. They weigh about 35lbs. each and the GE part number
is(are) 9T68Y5021G10. There are photographs of the tops of these transformers on the
www.ddlabs-dot-com/tesla.html site.

...Jeff