[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Did rotary cause failure ?

----------
From:  Skip Greiner [SMTP:sgreiner-at-wwnet-dot-com]
Sent:  Monday, January 26, 1998 10:51 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Did rotary cause failure ?

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

Right on all counts, John. I had major difficulties in trying to run
these things async and I was very afraid that they would fry so I
reverted to sync operation only. The system is very sensitive to the
resonator cap. Not only does it provide the resonant voltage boost but
it is also the tank cap for the TC. Finding the correct match for all
parameters can be a real chore. I also pumped these babies up to about
30+ amps (ammeter reading) but the gap was very unhappy at that level.
This is one of the areas that I must revisit after i finally complete
the 2kw twin.

Skip