[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re[2]: Scott gap

>>> <Tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> 04/12/00 04:13PM >>>
Original Poster: "Paul Mathus" <pmathus-at-learningco-dot-com>

     >>> snip
     What material did you use for the base plates?  G-10?  I'd rather use
     HDPE if you think it could take the temperatures.  G-10 seems to be
     rated to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.  If there's a material that's cheaper
     and easier to machine that can take the heat. . .
   >>> snip

    Paul,
           I would caution against HDPE (max continuous is almost 100deg less)
however,you can use other high pressure laminates other than G-10(which
most distributors have very high cutting charges for). nema grades
C,CE,L,LE,the X grades,GPO,or (although less common) vulcanized fibre
(laminated fish paper). in the  thermoplastics polycarbonate has a 275* rating
(aka lexan). nylon 6 cast.
as an aside,i have had very good luck with contacting a local plastic
distributor who cuts G-10 and asked then about "drops". many times there
will load you with 20lbs of G-10 for a doz. donuts!!!  (or beer on a Friday pm)

Robert