[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re[2]: Scott gap

   dan,paul,all

>Original Poster: "Dan Kline" <ntesla-at-ntesla.csd.sc.edu>
 > big snip
 >The only real difference I can see, as far as specs are concerned is that
>G-10 has a tensile strength of 40,000 lbs/sq.in., while GP03 has a tensile
>strength of 10,000 lbs/sq.in. Everything else seems very close.
>snip
 the GPO (non woven glass/polyester binder) series main disadvantage(s)
compared to glass epoxies (e.g. G-10) are increased variations in electrical
properties from humidity , susceptibility to cracking from thermal
shock,and lower adhesion to substrates (ie using adhesives).
a good way to visualize the differences in composition is the G-10 series are
marine grade plywood,while the GPO would be more like particle board.
Also,the specification:
>Electrical Grade Fiberglass (GP03)
*> Temp. Range: 0° to 400° F
I am VERY skeptical of this figure and recommend using at this temp with
CAUTION.My sources give a 265*f max continuous for GPO-3
and 285*F for G-10.......IMHO...if I was going to push anything to 400*F
(especially a rotor/electrodes) I would put my faith in G-10  way before
GPO-3 .
Robert