[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Real vs. MicoSim...

Hi again,

	I followed up last night's experiment (the one I didn't mess up ;-)) by
modeling the same thing in MicoSim.  I measured the output impedance of the
audio signal generator by loading it with a know resistor and found that it
was 696 ohms at 350kHz (the resonant frequency of my coil).  My coil's real
AC resistance at resonance is about 116.9 ohms (33.95 ohms DC) found in a
similar way to the above by measuring the voltage drop at the generator at
resonance (my scope has RMS readout so I can measure these signals with
good accuracy).

The MicroSim prediction is at:
http://users.better-dot-org/tfritz/site/misc/Ken02.jpg

The real measurement is at:
http://users.better-dot-org/tfritz/site/misc/Ken01.jpg

So it would appear that the real system's phase and ring up have waveforms
that can be predicted with lumped element analysis even in the sudden turn
on case.  Even I am a little surprised the lumped element models hold so
well here...

Cheers,

	Terry