[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Torque needed to spin the secondary?

I wound my 6.25" secondary using a small DC lab-bench motor with an integral
counter.  I think its torque rating was 1.2 in-lbs (tho may be 1.2ft-lbs).  It
took a little bit of time to get it up to speed, but if I needed to stop it, I
just grabbed the wire hard (wearing a cloth work glove) or grabbed the
form.  It
stopped in about 1/2 turn.

The motor did get warm after a while, but when it got up to a good speed, I was
able to wind the last 8 inches or so in only a couple minutes (and the top 8"
looks the best, too)

Mark