From: Tesla List [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2000 7:12 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: RF chokes

Original Poster: "Alexander Rice" <alexjrice-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I spoke to my electronics teacher today regarding ways to protect my
transformer and told him i needed a 2mH inductor. He recommende winding them
on
ferrite cores that were little more than 3/4" across, is this possible, they
measured uo right but with only 30 turns and on such a small core are they
going to saturate or do something else undesirable like melt or catch fire,
the
wire is about 20 swg so fairly heavy