RE: Magnet Wire

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

Hello all:
While not tested yet, I thought I would mention a source of magnet wire.
I contacted Frank Amato at Paramount Wire/CBC Metals in East Orange NJ
(http://www.parawire-dot-com).
He sold me 3000 feet of #24. The covering is their version of Formvar. And
the color is Green. (I could have chosen Red or Clear. I selected Green in
the spirit of the Holidays <smile>

It came on a standard 6 inch plastic spool using a 1/2" hub.
The weight was 3.75 pounds and the cost was $30.

He just pointed out that their minimum is $25 which seems reasonable.
The above presumes that motor shops etc are not available or cooperative in
your neighborhood.
I checked the wire with my DMM and mic'ed it. Seems to be fine.
It will be on the tube in the next week or so.
Too cold to wind in the garage so the winder must come inside.

Safety First

Ted