A Little more than general questions lV

Original poster: "Wade B AndB Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <nabedaw-at-juno-dot-com>

Hi People-

My next question is going to involve the actual coupling between the
primary and secondary of the TC.

I've noted that some prefer to leave the secondary abit adjustable, now
what advantages or disadvantages come with a loose or tight coupling???

Has anyone tried to place the primary inside of the secondary??? And if
so with what affects???

What would happen if a person were to elevate the TC to say (an ambiguous
number) 25 or 50 feet off the ground???  This would increase the
capacitance of the secondary??? Yes??? Change the resonant frequency???
Yes???

Since this Tesla Coil thing is new to me, I mean that I've heard about it
for years, but not until recently have I wanted to build one.

How much current is flowing in the arc of the spark gap??? Best
guesstimations are fine. And the same with the streamers off the
toriod???

Are we talkin about a major gain??? High voltages usually yield small
currents. Just curious.

Picking a value for the capacitance of the primary tank circuit is kinda
bothering me. This value is going to play a very big roll at where this
device resonants........yes????

What are the advantages or disadvantages whae running at higher or lower
frequencies???

I know these ae some rather indepth questions guys, but I'd appreciate if
some of you would take the time to answer them the best that you can.  :)

Aside from the obvious curiousity that this device brings, and the utter
fun of assembly the project, is anyone conducting any serious tests with
the TC???

Terry- I would lke to thank you for turning me on to this group, everyone
has been very helpful.

John- I just downloaded the zip file......gonna see if that
works......thanks.

Anyway,       Wade