Re: Another dumb idea from the masochistic scientist

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

Hi Chris,
          Possible side effects include arcing in switches in places
you never thought would happen, old insulation in building and
appliance wiring making itself known in no uncertain terms etc. I
have unique photo of a shower of sparks issuing from an anglepoise
lamp whose *earthed* reflector was struck by a streamer (yep - the
light did go out in a puff of smoke) and some grotty old wiring in a
drill press *not even close to a streamer* caused a loud bang just
before the breaker tripped. I've heard of TCs popping lightbulbs in a
neighbours hose in some experimental situations. Never done that
myself though.

Malcolm