Re: A little worried. I don't want landlord to ban my hobby.

Original poster: "Garry F. by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <garryfre-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Yep, that's how I see it too. My view is better to leave the site as is than
than to make it any less scary. I didn't see a way to make it less scary
without risking someone who might have been scared off go ahead with the
hobby and not show proper caution and end up dead, but I figured I might as
well ask, maybe someone would see a way where I didn't. It's been a week,
and landlady indicated a little boredom with viewing the tape so I guess if
she hasn't much curiousity, It'l blow over. I was kinda worried that people
would take offense at my question and think I was critisizing the site. I am
glad that people didn't take my question wrong. I think www.pupman-dot-com is a
fine site. Its one of my favorites and is the site I refer everyone who asks
me what tesla coils are except the landlord! ;-) The last thing I wanted to
do was give the impression that I thought there was anything wrong with the
site.

In fact, I referred someone to the site the other day. My boss takes care of
'Lost Children' it seems. He takes in children from broken homes or orphaned
ones. He has one child that is just under 12 named Alex, that is interested
in making a small tesla coil for a science project. I am worried that he
might get himself hurt. It isn't a toy, but at the same time, I remember how
unfair it felt when I was denied opportunities just because I wasn't X years
of age. The boss said he likes to read so I hope he gets an eyefull at
www.pupman-dot-com It might save his life as well as contain some plans for a
small tesla coil. Maybe one that throws 3" sparks or something. If anyone
has some reccomendations for plans for a relatively 'safe' tesla coil I
might send to him send email to garry-at-ndfc-dot-com and I'll foreward it. I'm not
sure there is such a thing as a 'safe' tesla coil project but who knows.

Now, a motorcycle battery powered small portable TC might be the ticket. I
could build one and get a magmount and put it on top of my car and drive to
some place and watch the reactions when I turned it on at night. Sparks
coming out the top of a car would be slick! Something with no contact to 60
cycle house current and a primary covered with insulation.