RE: corona/spark breakout

Original poster: "Basura, Brian by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <brian.basura-at-unistudios-dot-com>

Matt,

Your problem isn't with the wire or bolt. It's with your spherical topload.
A sphere doesn't providing electrostatic shielding to the top turns of your
secondary like a toroid does. If you want to continue using the sphere then
make a small toroid and place it directly on top of your secondary below
your sphere and bolt.

Regards,
Brian B.