Re: RF grounding without rod pounding?

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

<ANTarchimedes-at-aol-dot-com>

>      Pounding in a grounding rod shouldn't be as difficult as winding a
> secondary, or shaping a primary in the perfect form, or putting together a
> rotating spark gap, or most any of the other jobs that are associated with
> building a quality coil.  It shouldn't be too much different from driving in
> a really really long tent stake.  The best I can advise you is to moisten the
> ground with water running as slow as possible for a short while before hand,
> and the use of a grounding rod with a sharp end.  Also, I advise grounding it
> in your neighbors lawn...
>
> Good Luck,
> Nick Moor

	Where I live ground rods are just about worthless.  I managed to get 4
eight foot rods in the ground, and found afterwords that the resistance
between rods is about 600 ohms!  Good connection to the 100+ feet of 2"
copper feeder line from the water meter at the street worked MUCH
better.

Ed