Re: source for large quantities of Vaseline (was Silicone Cement for re-assembling NST's?)

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

> An industrial chemical supply place that caters to the cosmetic formulation
> market should be able to supply white petroleum jelly (aka Vaseline(r)) in
> quantities.  Try Spectrum Chemical for a start.
>
> Vet supply places or feed stores might also have large tubs.
> >
> > I sure agree on the silicone.  Bathtub caulk has acetic acid and may
> > (not sure) cause corrosion.  Re:  Vaseline.  Where did you get it in
> > bulk?
> >
> > Ed

	Just looked at Spectrum's web page.  $29.80 for 2.2 kg.  That works out
to about $5.40 a pound.  Does that seem right to you?

	By the way, my desire is to "pot" a couple of GMHE ignition coils in a
box that resembles a "good old-fashioned induction coil".  Oil is
obviously too messy and hard to contain, and don't know where to find
potting tar anymore.  Have you used petrolatum/vaseline in a wooden
container and, if so, what surface treatment did you use to keep the
stuff from soaking through the wood?

Ed