RE: CW TC's are still TC's, was Chaotic Resonance(Solid State Coilers)

Original poster: "35045 by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <free0076-at-flinders.edu.au>

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>

> Darren -
>
> Each bang is a fixed amount of energy. The dampenned wave has the larger
> voltage amplitude.
>
> John Couture

I just read a nice paper on the subject and I agree with you. In the
case where the tube coil is pulsed (not CW) with a square envelope, the
losses that I ignored before will certainly result in a higher voltage
with the tank circuit over the tube coil. However with a true CW coil we
can't really compare it to a disruptive coil except to say that the power
output of the disruptive coil will have a higher peak value even for the
same average value as a tube coil. Hence the disruptive coil still wins in
terms of peak voltage.

Darren Freeman