Re: help: coil won't "stay on"

Hi Phillip,

Some NSTs do have GFI switches in them now but these types are very obvious
with a reset switch and labels.

The only thing I can guess it that there is a defect inside the NST like a
loose primary wire that is intermittent.  Probably easy to find and fix if
it were depoted.  There is a chance something else in the coil is shorting
too and the transformer just clicks when the output gets shorted.

"I" would go gently banging on the transformer and other parts (with the
power off) to try and jar the intermittent connection and locate it for
sure and then go from there.

Cheers,

	Terry