Re: I wonder ...

> Ross Overstreet did a great job with a France former and removed all the
> shunts and
> got something like 200 ma. out of it ! I don't know if he uses a current
> limiting device or not though ,all I know is that his coil " ROCKS ".

<grin> I think Ross's current limiter is based on a precision calibrated
nose resulting in turning down the power when smoke and molten tar come out
of the super NST.  Of course, now that he works for National Instruments,
and is fully conversant with LabView, computer control, etc., he may have a
more sophisticated approach.  I keep checking NI's web site for an
application note on LabView control of a Tesla Coil, but haven't seen
anything yet.