Re: RSG Phase Adjustment

In a message dated 3/8/01 12:44:12 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> <stanmoore-at-mindspring-dot-com>
>
>  What is the process for finding the "sweet" spot when adjusting a SRSG
phase,

>  and what role does this phase adjustment have in the overall tuning of a
TC?

>  I have modified a 1/20 HP 1725 rpm motor to run at 1800 rpm.  I have four
>  rotating electrodes on a G10 disk.  What does one look for when adjusting
>  phase?  Is it something that can be done without test equipment?  Other
than
>  say sight or sound?
>
>  Thanks,
>
>  Stan

Stan,

You just phase it up for max spark output by eye, also aim for minimum
imput VA if you have the metering.  If you don't have remote phase
adjustment capability, then you'll have to phase it up by trial and
error.  You can add the remote electrical phase shifter to make
the phasing quick and easy:

    http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page3.html

Once the phase is set at best spark output, then you can verify
the tuning tap point on the primary to make sure it's at the
best tune-point.

John Freau