Re: All pain no gain

Original poster: "Garry F. by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <garryfre-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Replies below.

> Jim Lux ...

>What you really need is a decent RF counterpoise... A piece of screen on
the floor (chicken wire, e.g.) would probably do nicely.  I happened to
have a 4x4 sheet of copper which worked very nicely with a 15/30 coil.

Hmmm, I could fit that in my room pretty easily. I would have to put it on a
pallet tho. There are wires under the floor I'm sure.

Snip!

>You could ground to the third pin ground through a suitable RF choke; which
would still allow DC and 60 Hz fault current to flow, but would block RF.

Hmmm, this is interesting. This is what I am doing now cept I am using two
filters in series. Got them from the tech department where I work. Tech said
one would block the RF but he had a boxfull and I got two for good measure.
This might explain why I don't even get snow on the TV in living room. I do
get a little snow on the tv in bedroom that is barely visible. That TV is
about 6" from coil. I usually run without the tv on. ;-)