Re: Coax Cable for High Voltage?

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

Hi Jim, all,
            My pet hates about coax used in coiling are that it is
nearly always used in an unmatched situation with high power step
functions flying around (it is a transmission line at those
frequencies and therefore develops nasty resonances and high voltage
rings) and for many types, the braid is a total loser if it is
included in otherwise high Q circuits. My pet hates do not include
its voltage rating which is usually very good except for the types
with foamy or air-spaced inner dielectrics. My advice: steer clear of
it.

Malcolm