H bridge RSG

Original poster: "Ray Haynes by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ray.haynes-at-home-dot-com>

I'm moving full speed on my MOT powered DC coil and was searching the pupman
archives (that's what they're for, right? ;-) ) for information. I found
postings about an H bridge RSG. There were some comments about how that
approach charged the cap with alternate polarities and that this might be
hard on the cap. I didn't see any resolution on that.

Question (rhetorical?):
Since the tank cap forms a resonate circuit with the primary and resonate
circuits oscillate back and forth charging the cap first one way then the
other, doesn't that mean all caps used in the primary tank circuits must be
happy with AC charging? Also this seems to indicate that the alternating
charge cycles of an H bridge RSG are not a problem, true?

Ray