Re: Still mystified by odd TC behavior, what gives?

Original poster: "Jason Petrou by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>

> Jason,
>
> Tuned to either 5 or 6 turns, I get nothing. If the large cap (.025) was
> bad, nothing should happen with it in series with the smaller cap
> (.0028), no? Do caps go "partially" bad? There is no bad smell, and I
> see no evidence of the magical "smoke" escaping.

Very strange... If I were you i'd charge the caps together and the measure
the voltage across both of them. If the voltage is the same for both then
the caps are ok. It would be useful to have more info on the coil - then we
could work out what it should do.

If you live in the UK then come along to corby and bring your coil (ask Alan
first - AlanSharp-at-compuserve-dot-com) and Im sure that somone (maybee even me :)
could give you a hand!

Keep fiddling ;)

Jason