Re: Very thin Wire?

AWG 34 is pretty small. A pound will be a fair length.  Most of the mail
order places (digikey, Newark, etc.) would stock reasonable amounts.  For
instance, a pound of Belden 8083 (AWG 34 Poly-Thermaleze rated at 180C) is
about 7800 ft and costs $50 from Newark. Mouser charges $48 for the same thing.
  I suspect many other sources exist at lower prices. The cost of wire is
substantially influenced by the price of copper, by the way, although for
small retail sales, the variations get absorbed in other costs.  As a
comparison, 10 pounds of #30 from Mouser runs $77. Clearly, a large part of
the $50 is going to handling and spooling costs.

How high frequency?  Cmos 555's (TLC555 for instance) should run > 1 MHz
without too much trouble. PWM chips typically include other useful
functions like comparators, triangle or sawtooth generators, and biphase
drivers.