Re: HV diodes

Original poster: "R Heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

on 11/06/01 8:52 PM, Tesla list at tesla-at-pupman-dot-com wrote:

> Original poster: "Jonathan Peakall by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <jpeakall-at-mcn-dot-org>
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking around for cheap HV diodes, and having no luck. I want more than
> is
> practical for me to attain from microwave ovens. Any good sources?
>
> TIA,
>
> Jonathan Peakall

I have the same problem so I have elected to assemble 1A and 3A  1000V diode
strings to get the voltage and current I nead. I have a few 30kv diode cells
made for radar, but the current is to low.  ^These are made by int nat
rectifier corp and not cheep. 100 ea 1A 1000v diodes cost about 14$, 3A cost
about 24$/100. I hope this helps
    Robert H