From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2001 2:23 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: switching a polemount transformer

Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I use a motor starter, which show up on eBay fairly
regularly under "starter" or "contactor". Mine's rated
at 90 amps can be seen at:

http://www.geocities-dot-com/yurtle_t/misc/starter1.jpg
and
http://www.geocities-dot-com/yurtle_t/misc/starter2.jpg

> Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <presence-at-churchofinformationwarfare-dot-org>
>
> Greetings from Chicago.
>
> What do some of you  use to switch on an off a 10kVA
> polemount transformer?
> I browsed some catalogs and it seems a two pole 100A
> contactor is something
> like $400 and up (I"m not seeing any "value" there
> either). What about big
> stud SCRs or electrical disconnect boxes with the
> fun handle? Has anbody had
> problem with the inrush current?
>
> KEN

=====