Re: switching a polemount transformer

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<presence-at-churchofinformationwarfare-dot-org>

> Greetings from Chicago.
>
> What do some of you  use to switch on an off a 10kVA polemount transformer?
> I browsed some catalogs and it seems a two pole 100A contactor is something
> like $400 and up (I"m not seeing any "value" there either). What about big
> stud SCRs or electrical disconnect boxes with the fun handle? Has anbody had
> problem with the inrush current?
>
> KEN

Hi Ken....

10KVA piggies will pull on avg. about 40 amps when run at 10KVA.... check
out the local Home Depot type store and look
for the "slide" switch its about 6" tall 3.5" wide and is about 2" thick
they normally handle 50 Amps for about 35 -
55$ (  depending on make  GE  Square D etc). An electrical disconnect box
will work also ...  but they are a bit on the
big side for what they are needed for...

Scot D