Re: MMCs & Currents

Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

Hi Steve
Making the assumptions that your coil has
28.3nF Cp
15kv NST
Tunes at Lp of 39uH
Operates at 151.5kHz (ie 28.3nF/39uH)
If these assumptions are wrong let me know but the numbers will still be
similar if your coil is close

If it fires at Vpk of 21.2kV I calculate an Ipk of 571amps
CV^2=LI^2
Ipk=[CV^2/L]^0.5

As I say I do not yet know how to calculate Irms but Terry's advice on this
posted to you recently seems to assist on that point.
Best
Ted L  in NZ