Re: candle?

>Early experiments used candles with a metalic fiber in

>the wick. This was the most common wick, but new laws have made

>these candles HARD TO FIND.
>Early candle wicks used a lead wire. Zinc wire fiber wicks

>are still available from hobby shops, and you can replace

>the wick of short fat candles by pulling out the wick and

>threading a new wick in when the wax is warm enough to be

>plyable.

         It occurs tome to mention:
         _making_ candles is not that hard, paraffin, double
         boiler, choice of wick wire, mold (test tube?
         scrap copper pipe?)  I THINK I did it as a kid
         but that was LONG ago...  I'd think some library or
         web research would turn up info on candlemaking...
         best
         dwp

...the net of a million lies...
         Vernor Vinge