RE: Barts Flat Coil Dimensions Was: Dimensions of my flat spiral coil

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

Hi Paul,

Each strand only wraps 74.6 times.  This is easy to see when we take 74.6 *
3 * .02846099 = 6.37" radius (there is some spacing between winds.

Dave

>Original poster: "Paul Nicholson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <paul-at-abelian.demon.co.uk>

>If each of your three strands wraps the axis of the coil 224 times, then
this is the number of turns you must use when calculating L.  And the
conductor radius should be that of a single strand, not that of the trifilar
bundle.