Re: ~#24 guage wire for secondary?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

Is this a good guage to get for a 15kV 60mA NST??

Yes, anything between 28-20 AWG shouldbe fine. I believe it hasbeen proven that
more turns of smaller wire are better.

> Anyone know a good place to get a large roll, besides E-bay...I am guessing I
> would need between 800-1000 feet...does this sound right??

It depends on the secondary size, but you will probably need more than that,
maybe 2000' or more

> Here is a plan I found on the internet for the same NST I have, sorry I can't
> give any credit 'cause I don't remember where I found it!
>
> ...and also, what diameter PVC should I use??? doesn't 3-3/8 seem a bit
> small??

Yes, I'm using 6" for my 12/60 coil, which is pushing it a little, but 6" would
be good for a 15/60