RE: question

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

Hi Godfrey,

I've just learned that the potential transformer I have is designed as a
step down transformer.  The schematic diagram is not showing the high
voltage as the output, it's showing it as the input.  The positive terminal
is for the high tension line and the negative is for the ground line.  This
transformer was made to step down 60Hz 14.4KVAC transmission line to 60Hz
120VAC power.

It appears that it is OK to use it in reverse to step up from 120VAC to
14.4KVAC and use it in a Tesla coil.  But first, I need to figure the
amperage rating when using it in reverse.  Do you know how I can do that?

Dave

David Thomson
dave-at-volantis-dot-org <mailto:dave-at-volantis-dot-org>