Re: Sync Motors

In a message dated 3/16/02 10:14:34 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

Ben,

The dead pole concept is more
suitable for larger motors.  Best to ignore the dead pole concept.
Instead, simply make the flats about 1/4 or 1/3rd the armature
diameter.  For example, if the armature is 2" diameter, then
make the flats about 1/2" wide.  You need to make two flats,
180 degrees apart.  Your motor may handle only a 4" dia lightweight
rotor perhaps.  If the motor is too weak, sometimes you can boost
it's power by using a slightly larger run cap.  Also, the phase
shifter at my website can also boost the power.

  http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page3.html

cheers,
John