RE: motor run caps

Original poster: "Justin Wright by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ellis_p-at-picknowl-dot-com.au>

HI All,

If it is a motor run cap that I need, how is this connected?

Also what type of capacitor should I use.  I have some microwave oven caps
which are 1.13 uf and 2100vac.  Will these do?

I have got home and measured the resistance properly.

	white to common   57.6 ohms
	black to common   31.6 ohms

As a test ( a test of patience which I failed miserably). I tried running
the motor.  I found that connecting 115v across the white and common for a
short time made it spin smoothly (but slowly).

If I connected 115v across the black and common then it span a lot faster
but roughly roughly. i.e. the motor started to shake slightly and sound
sick.

Justin.