Re: Hi ,Im new to the group need to ask a couple of teslaquestions.

Original poster: "Finn Hammer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <f-h-at-c.dk>

Hello Danny!

Welcome to the group.

You are not far off, by the fact that you are already practicing.
What you need is better materials. Skip steel wire, go to copper.

For the secondary, you want the best insulation, and this is sold as
Magnet wire.
this is available at electromotor repair shops.

The primary coil for so small coils is as well made with 3mm (1/8inch)
PVC insulated wire. Cobbertube for bigger coils. Flat strip for the
connnoiseur touch.

Capacitor, for your unit, no more than 5 nF, and definately MMC, that
means it is built as a string of larger caps with smaller voltage rating
than the total. Use 10-15 1000VDC 0.056mF polyester pulse caps.
Spark gap is nice, out of 10mm by 20 mm (1/2 by 1 inch) cobber bar,
slightly rounded and polished where they meet.

I have not been able to get spark from these high frequenct supplies,
without rectifying the output. A bridge on perfboard, of 80 pcs. 1n1008
1000V PIR diodes, and it was possible to get a bit more than Trickle
Charging. But then, they don`t weigh much.

I suggest you get a new Ironcore OBIT (Oil Burner Ignition Transformer)
at a central heating servicing facility which is hopefully very near
you.

You need a calculating program to do the math for you, try to look for
Wintesla. It is the best!

Cheers, Finn Hammer