Re: Hi ,Im new to the group need to ask a couple of teslaquestions.

Original poster: "robert heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Danny: Lets first address your primary problem, steel  wire. Copper is
non-magnetic and allows a magnetic field generated by an electric current to
change quickley. Iron/steel wire holds the magnetic field for a long time
preventing a high voltage forming in the secondary. Use copper  wire. 2) 570
turns is quite low  for a secondary ,about half again or twice that number
would be better. 3) steel wire primary is bad. use copper tubing or copper
ground wire made for power meter boxes. I hope this helps
   Robert  H