RE: Update: Hurray! 6 Pack MOT supply success

Original poster: "Dave Hartwick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ddhartwick-at-earthlink-dot-net>

I am using an airblast gap at this point Tim, probably minimal useable gap
for and MOT supplied coil. I did buy an angle grinder just waiting to
fullfil its life as an ARSG, but new caps will be needed, my commercial caps
are only rated at 120 bps, and even at that, I'm probably pushing it with an
airblast gap.
Dave H

Original poster: "Tim J by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<digital_raven45-at-hotmail-dot-com>

with my 6 pack supply, I went for a tank capacitance of 160nF to start. With
9.3 kVA input power my secondary sparks were 12-13ft. I changed to an ARSG
(10,000-11,000 RPM) and put in a 185nF tank cap. The sparks were 14.2 ft!
Topload was a mid sized toriod. 12" dia 4" high

With my 4 pack + 190 nF tank cap, I get a absolute max of 12 ft....usually
the sparks sit at 10-11ft with 6.1kVA input. Still, it is quite fun.