Re: unknown prob

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz
> <mailto:twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<mailto:evp-at-pacbell-dot-net><evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

> Tesla list wrote:
>>
>> Original poster: "uk-teslacoil.co.uk by way of Terry Fritz
>
> <mailto:twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <mailto:duncanr-at-uk-teslacoil.co.uk><duncanr-at-uk-teslacoil.co.uk>
>>
>> Hi All, I was experimenting earlier on today with a new MMC that I am
>> building, on connecting the new MMC I blew the transformer :-(((((((.....
>> The MMC was not wired to the Tesla coil at all, I removed the Filter
>> circuits from the HV side of the transformer... and wired it as follows HV
>> SIDE NST transformer 1) HT1 on transformer to MMC 2) MMC to spark gap 3)
>> Spark gap to HT2 on transformer. any ideas Duncan
>
>         Gap too wide?  Resonant overvoltage breakdown?  Or was the gap IN
> SERIES with the capacitor? Ed

sounds like all were in series.....

also not a good idea to run this setup as it was explained...  overvolting
could be a real problem here...

BTW  was it ever settled as to which way is the best way to hook up the cap /
spark gap???

cap parralell to HV supply with gap in series to primary   or   cap series to
primary with gap paralell to the HV supply????

Scot D