RE: Calculating E-Field of SSTC or Tesla Coil

Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>

Gerry -

It is interesting what has happened to Tesla coiler reaction to TC programs
since I was developing TC programs in the 1980's. At that time coilers had
no confidence in programs at all. They believed that only tests could
provide the truth. Today coilers are saying the opposite and that only the
programs can be relied upon.

There is no question that coilers like Paul Nicholson have raised TC
programs to new heights and these programs challenge today's TC tests
results. And now it looks like we should do more work to improve the tests.
To me this means standardizing the test methods because in the past test
results have not shown very consistent results.

For years coilers have talked about the necessity of a book on TC testing. I
hope that some day a generous coiler will do this job for all of us. The
tests methods should be coordinated with TC programs and as you mention
these programs should include additional parameters not included in present
programs. This means a lot more building and testing will be required by
coilers and the results published.

John Couture