RE: communications rates was Re: Differential voltage probes 3

Original poster: "Steve Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

OK... I take back what I said... It is theoretically possible to transmit a
6MHz BW signal on a channel with a bandwidth of 400kHz, but I still doubt it
would be _practical_. (According to Shannon's law one would need a SNR of
about 90dB)

Given that the bandwidth of a Tesla coil operating at 400kHz is probably a
lot less than 400kHz (because it's a high-Q resonant circuit) I still think
it would be practically impossible.

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<davep-at-quik-dot-com>