Re: copper plated toroids

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

 > Having recently been doing some expirementing with copper plating small
 > object I was wondering, why not copper plated toroids? Make it from
something
 > like styrofoam, paint with this special conductive paint made for this
 > purpose(tesla-at-pupman-dot-com), then electroplate it to a thickness suitable for
 > toroid use. Copper sulfate isn't very expensive and is easily available as
 > root killer not to mention the solution never needs to be replaced. The only
 > expensive part is the paint but thats still cheap compared to spun toroids,
 > or buying a larger lathe. I'll order some of that paint and try making a
 > small copper plated toroid.
 >
 > Mark

	Before ordering the paint calculate how much you'll need and figure out
how much it's going to cost!  Aluminum (or even copper) tape will be a
lot cheaper.  If you do go the paint route you'll need to fill the cores
in the foam completely and sand down to a very smooth surface, then coat
the whole thing in some sort of finish which won't "eat up" the foam.

Ed