Re: copper plated toroids

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

At 07:32 30/03/03 -0700, you wrote:
>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <A123X-at-aol-dot-com>
>
>Having recently been doing some expirementing with copper plating small
>object I was wondering, why not copper plated toroids?

That's a smart idea! The only problems might be (1) getting paint that's
conductive enough to carry the current needed for plating a large object at
a reasonable rate (2) making sure the current density and hence plating
thickness is relatively even over the whole surface and (3) getting down a
thick enough plating to achieve mechanical strength (a more rigid former
than styrofoam, perhaps styrofoam coated in 2-part epoxy like Gary Lau
used, might help here) Can you post some details of the type of paint
you'll be using?

Thanks

Steve C.